Vickys Balsamic Tomato Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can cook Vickys Balsamic Tomato Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF using 16 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Vickys Balsamic Tomato Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF
- Prepare of Marinade.
- Prepare 4 lbs of chicken breast, diced.
- Prepare 2 of large tomatoes, thickly diced.
- It’s 2 of onions, chopped.
- You need 6 cloves of garlic, chopped.
- Prepare 120 ml (1/2 cup) of Worcestershire sauce – see link for GF recipe.
- It’s 60 ml (1/4 cup) of balsamic vinegar.
- It’s 15 g of flat leaf parsley, finely chopped (1/2 cup).
- You need 2 tsp of dried thyme.
- It’s 1 tsp of low sodium salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- It’s of Rest of ingredients.
- You need 3 tbsp of oil.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of granulated sugar.
- It’s 120 ml (1/2 cup) of tomato ketchup.
- You need 480 ml (2 cups) of water.
Vickys Balsamic Tomato Chicken, GF DF EF SF NF step by step
- Put everything under the marinade list of ingredients in a large bowl and mix together.
- Cover and let sit in the fridge for at least 1 hour, best left a good 8 / overnight.
- Remove the chicken pieces from the marinade and set both aside for a moment.
- Heat the oil over a high heat in a large saucepan and sprinkle the sugar in.
- Once the sugar starts to darken and caramelize, add the chicken and brown off.
- Stir the ketchup and water into the marinade then add it to the pan with the chicken.
- Bring to the boil for 5 minutes then turn the heat down to a simmer, cover but vent and cook for a further 45 minutes.
- Uncover and bring back to the boil for 15 minutes or until the sauce has reduced and thickened to your liking.
- Serve with rice or my garlic mashed potato! https://cookpad.com/uk/recipes/343749-vickys-garlic-herb-mashed-potatoes-gf-df-ef-sf-nf?via=androidsharesheet&shared_at=1549717072.