Vegan Banana Walnut Loaf. Mix the flour, almonds, baking powder, sugar and dates. Beat together the mashed banana and oil, then combine it with the flour mixture. Add the soya milk to loosen the mixture, fold in the walnuts and scrape the mixture into the tin.
The new banana-walnut loaf has been made a permanent menu item, while the chocolate brownie and seasonal drinks are available until November. Please support independent vegan media and get the very best in news, recipes, travel, beauty, products, and more. This sticky vegan date and walnut loaf is sweetened with maple syrup, a drop of barley malt extract and, of course, dates. You can have Vegan Banana Walnut Loaf using 9 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Banana Walnut Loaf
- It’s 1 1/2 cup of All Purpose Flour.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Baking Soda.
- It’s 1/2 tsp of Sea Salt.
- You need 2 tsp of Ground Cinnamon.
- You need 3 of Large Banana (Bruised Bananas Make Sweeter Loaves).
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Melted Vegetable Spread.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Brown Sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of Vanilla Extract.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of Chopped Walnuts.
The result is a cake that's light, moist and slightly chewy. Malt extract, in modest amounts, can enhance the texture and flavour of a cake like this without turning it into a full-on malt loaf. In a large mixing bowl, roughly mash the bananas. Add the brown sugar, oil, vanilla, and almond milk, and whisk to incorporate.
Vegan Banana Walnut Loaf instructions
- Preheat oven to 350°F Fahrenheit.
- In large bowl whisk baking soda, flour, salt, and cinnimon together then set aside..
- Using another seperate bowl mash 3 bananas with fork until creamy..
- Add vanilla extract, brown sugar, walnuts, and melted butter to your mashed bananas and mix very well..
- Pour banana mixture into the dry flour mixture you set aside earlier and mix well by stirring and folding over with spatula until completely combined..
- Butter a bread pan and pour batter into it..
- Use your spatula to smooth over the top of the batter then bake on center rack of oven for 55 minutes at 350°F Fahrenheit..
I've made this date and walnut vegan banana bread so many times since first testing the recipe. it's just so easy but so delicious and healthy. It only takes five minutes to throw together and then all you need to do is let it bake. You also don't need any equipment, just one mixing bowl and a loaf tin! Stir in the mashed banana, chopped dates, and chia seeds. Reserve some walnuts and dates for the topping.