Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls. An addition to my vegetarian-compatible recipes, this marinade tofu sushi roll taste delicious despite being fish-free and all plant based ingredients. The roll composed of ginger-soy sauce marinated tofu along with shredded carrot and avocado. Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls instructions.
Cut length wise and not too thick. Season it with the vegan chicken seasoning and mushroom seasoning. [You can use whatever seasoning you want] mix well!. Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls This is the bomb! ancore. You can cook Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls
- Prepare of Firm tofu.
- You need 1 C of Sushi rice.
- Prepare 1 C of Corn starch.
- You need of Vegan chicken seasoning.
- Prepare of UMAMI mushroom seasoning.
- You need 2 of Nori sheets.
- Prepare of Pickled Shredded red cabbage.
- You need of Pickled carrots and apples.
- Prepare of Soy sauce (shoyu sauce).
- You need of Mirin (rice wine vinegar).
- You need of Sesame oil.
- It’s of Sesame seeds (optional).
- It’s of Panko bread crumbs.
- You need of Oat milk.
- Prepare of Sugar and Salt.
In this crispy tofu sushi burrito I use vegan chipotle mayonnaise and a touch of cayenne to bring in a little smoke and subtle spice. The second trick is to inject as much flavour in to the roll as you can. Unlike traditional sushi, dipping a burrito in to a bowl of soy sauce can be problematic. Next you are going to squeeze as much water as you can out of the tofu.
Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls instructions
- Drain and pat dry the firm tofu. Cut it in half. You dont need all of it unless you plan to make a lot of sushi. Cut length wise and not too thick..
- Place 1 cup of corn starch in a bowl. Season it with the vegan chicken seasoning and mushroom seasoning. [You can use whatever seasoning you want] mix well!.
- Cover the tofu in the cornstarch mix. In two bowls place the oat milk and bread crumbs. Dip the cornstarch tofu in the oat milk first and then in the breadcrumbs covering it completely and shaking off excess. Once you have done all of the tofu set aside and start heating up oil..
- In the mean time cook sushi rice per instruction in either a rice cooker or pot. I did a pot because I didnt want to deal with rice cooker (it was quicker too).
- Once oil is hot enough, fry those little suckers!.
- Once everything is cooked time to assemble. But first, place the warm rice in a shallow bowl and season it with 1 tbsp of rice vinegar, 1 tbsp of sesame oil and 1/2 tsp of sugar and salt. Mix well..
- Grab the nori sheets and place one on the sushi mat. I use wax paper on the mat to help it not stick. Press rice into the sheet pressing firmly but gently. Rice should stick easily if it's a bit warm..
- Start assembling your ingredients, and ROLL carefully..
Then crumble the tofu into small pieces, this is best achieved by simply using your hands. Mix tofu with vegan mayo, sesame, garlic and sriracha. Vegan Crispy Tofu Sushi Rolls This is the bomb! ancore. Salty and crisp tofu, sweet sushi rice, creamy avocado with warming chipotle, pickled ginger and kimchi, this vegan sushi burrito is a fusion party. Note: Save any extra tofu pieces for another batch of avocado rolls or use in a salad or fry them up and serve as a crispy treat.