Jackal'd Barley and Steak Stew.
You can have Jackal'd Barley and Steak Stew using 19 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Jackal'd Barley and Steak Stew
- You need of Searing stuff.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of Extra Virgin Olive Oil.
- It’s 3 medium of Vidalia or sweet onions-Chopped or diced.
- You need 3 clove of garlic-Minced.
- You need 18 oz of Whole Mushrooms – cut thinly.
- You need 3 1/2 lb of Thin sliced Chuck arm steak or cubed chuck roast.
- You need 2 tbsp of Fine to course crushed black pepper-mostly to your taste….
- You need 1 tbsp of Koshering salt-can be sub for coarse sea salt or coarse table salt.
- Prepare of Crock pot/slow cooker.
- It’s 3 cup of Warm/hot water.
- You need 1 quart of Beef broth.
- It’s 2 1/2 cup of chopped carrots.
- Prepare 7 stick of Celery-chopped.
- It’s 11 oz of Quick barley.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of thyme.
- Prepare 3 each of Bay leaves.
- Prepare 4 tbsp of Dry Parsley.
- It’s 2 each of Beef bouillon cubes.
- You need 2 can of Stewed tomatoes-drained.
Jackal'd Barley and Steak Stew instructions
- You will need AT LEAST a 6 quart slow cooker!! Should have mentioned that earlier….
- After that, start by sautéing the onions, garlic, and mushrooms lightly. Only enough to give them a nice color. Salt and pepper them as well..
- After sautéing to what you consider a nice color, dump the ingredients into your slow cooker..
- Now, in the same skillet, comes the meat. You're aiming for a good sear, nothing more. nothing less. (don't worry, the crock pot will get it out of the bacteria DANGER ZONE! quickly enough.).
- Add Everything else in your slow/crock/cooker/pot, stir (like a boss) until the beef bouillon is dissolved..
- Put the lid on and set your crock to high for 3-4 hours, then low for the remainder of 4 hours..
- Now, of course you're gonna take the lid of every now and then to smell it, I don't blame you!! BUT!! And this is a Kardashian sized but, stir it since you're there. #1 rule of slow cooking is not to take the lid off, I'm not a nazi!! But ya gotta stir it to get it back up and running again..
- When the 7 hour mark hits, sample and adjust salt to taste, I actually just liquefied a few more bouillon and add it (I'm also not scurred of a lil MSG!) If done adjustment is needed, put the lid back on and give it 30 more mins for the flavors to spread out..
- After that its ready! Find you an awesome side to go with it, Kiasfolly got a few good ones if ya don't mind checking her out! (think really hard about that tater salad or the caesar dressing…).
- At the end don't let anything go to waste!! freeze it, take it to the neighbors, hobos, whatever!! But please don't waste your food! Jackal out!.