French Onion Roast Beef, Slow Cooker. This Slow Cooker French Onion Roast Beef, or Slow Cooker French Onion Pot Roast, is made with a rump roast and homemade or canned French Onion Soup. With just five minutes prep time, it's ready to eat in less than six hours. We bought and installed a pool this week!
Toss in a layer of potatoes on the bottom, then the roast and add the remaining veggies around the edges. Sprinkle on the onion soup mix and pour on the french onion soup. This slow cooker pot roast with onion soup mix is so much more than a regular pot roast. You can have French Onion Roast Beef, Slow Cooker using 8 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of French Onion Roast Beef, Slow Cooker
- It’s of roast beef.
- It’s of onion.
- You need of French onion soup.
- You need of water.
- Prepare of finishing.
- It’s of beans.
- You need of for serving.
- Prepare of rice or noodles.
It uses a homemade french onion soup mix that's beyond easy to throw together. Then just rub it all over the chuck roast, add some beef broth and Worcestershire sauce, and set it and forget it! Condensed French onion soup makes this pot roast quick to fix and the crock pot makes it a breeze to cook. This is a fantastic meal to fix for a busy day meal.
French Onion Roast Beef, Slow Cooker instructions
- Since there are only two of us, i have a small slow cooker. I think it is a 1 1/2 quart (1.5 liter). Keep that in mind. And about a 2 pound piece of meat..
- Slice your onion into rounds.
- Put them in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Trim your meat, cut it into 1 1/2 inch cubes (give or take).
- Put the cubed meat on top of the onion rings..
- Add the French onion soup.
- Add about 1/3 can of water.
- Now I covered it, put it in the fridge over night, started it the next morning.
- Cook it on low for 8 hours. Then we added 2 cans of tri-beans (kidney, pinto and navy). Cook 2 more hours, still on low..
- Initially we thought to eat it plain, however, at the last minute my wife wanted rice. This was a good choice..
In cooker, layer half each of the beef, mushrooms and onion; repeat layers. Crockpot roast with onion soup mix. Place roast in slow cooker with potatoes, carrots and onion broken apart around it. In a bowl whisk together your broth and onion soup mix. Pour this on top of the roast, add beer now too.