Sheree's Homemade Salsa made with canned tomatoes. The BEST homemade salsa for canning. Then you'll want to make this salsa, either hot or mild. It's so delicious and inexpensive to make!
By the time dinner was ready half the salsa was gone and I was still fighting off hungry family members! Homemade Salsa and Canning Tips: My dh and I think it tastes a lot like the salsa at Carlos O' Kelly's, a popular Mexican restaurant here in the midwest. Roasted Yellow Tomato Salsa Recipe with Cilantro: If you cannot find these tiny heirloom yellow tomatoes, any grape or cherry tomatoes will do. You can have Sheree's Homemade Salsa made with canned tomatoes using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sheree's Homemade Salsa made with canned tomatoes
- It’s 1 can of 28 oz cans of diced tomatoes.
- It’s 1 can of tomato and green chili diced…. i use original, but you can make it as hot as you want.
- You need 4 clove of minced garlic.
- Prepare 1/3 tsp of sugar (to cut taste of tomato).
- You need 2 tbsp of dried parsley.
- You need 3 tbsp of dried cilantro.
- You need 1/4 tsp of salt.
- You need 1/4 tsp of ground cumin.
- It’s 1/4 cup of minced onion.
- It’s 2 tbsp of lime juice…. i use the real lime squeeze containers..
We have made for years Homemade Canned Tomato Salsa but this year we went out on our own and did our own recipe. Adding in our favorite parts of. Plus, we grow some of our own tomatoes on the balcony and use them too. All the ingredients though are farm fresh making the best salsa you.
Sheree's Homemade Salsa made with canned tomatoes step by step
- Put can of regular diced tomatoes in the food processor. Pour processed tomatoes in a mixing bowl..
- Open tomato and green chilies … Drain liquid, that contains most of the heat, and pour them in the mixing bowl..
- Add sugar, garlic, parsley, & cilantro. And add onion..
- Mix well… Add lime juice and taste. . add salt to taste.
- Refrigerate in container for 2-3 hours so the flavors develop..
- I store in a glass jar… It is not canned so it will last refrigerated in the jar for 1-2 weeks….
Using canned tomatoes means homemade salsa can still be tasty and fresh minus the difficult task of chopping and seeding tomatoes. I cannot keep enough canned tomatoes in the house. Process in food processor or blender for just a few seconds for chunky salsa or a bit longer for a smoother texture. It's the best homemade salsa recipe ever! Watch for a strange smell, visible mold, or a significant darkening in color.