You can cook Pozole Rojo using 13 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Pozole Rojo
- You need 2 lbs of boneless pork shoulder meat (cubed).
- Prepare 5 of dried chili ancho.
- It’s 5 of dried chili guajillo.
- Prepare 8 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 2 tbsp of canola oil.
- Prepare 6 cloves of garlic (minced).
- It’s 1 of medium yellow onion.
- Prepare to taste of Salt.
- It’s 2 tbsp of oregano.
- It’s 2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need of Garnish : cabbage, radishes, avacado, cilantro, lime (optional).
- Prepare of Tostadas.
- You need 4-5 cups of white hominy, drained.
Pozole Rojo step by step
- Start by taking the stem of chilis, shake out seeds & place in a bowl..
- Boil water, once hot pour over chilis & put plate over so as to keep the heat & steam trapped with the chilis for 30 mins.
- In a skillet, pour oil & sear pork meat. Brown meat turning for about 7-8 mins. Season with tsp of oregano, salt & pepper. Once browned, put in slow cooker with juices & all..
- Pour broth in slow cooker & all the seasonings & 1/2 the onion sliced..
- In the blender put chilis, the other 1/2 of the onion, garlic & 1/2 the water the chilis sat in with about 2 tbsp of salt. Blend well..
- With a mesh colander hold over slow cooker & pour blended chilis into colander. Move around with a spoon so as to get all the chili sauce to leak thru into the slow cooker. Add more hot water to chili sauce as you are moving with spoon if you need to. Once all sauce is thru & all thats left in the colander is the actual chili casings, toss the casings in the garbage. Then stir everything in the slow cooker with a serving spoon to mix..
- Add to slow cooker the hominy & cover. Cook on low for 8 hrs or high for 4 hrs. Garnish with avacado, radishes, cabbage, cilantro or raw onion & serve with tostadas..