Cucumber tofu eggdrop soup#Everday meal soup黄瓜豆腐羹. Egg Drop Soup is one of the most basic of Chinese soup recipes and very quick to make. While the Chinese use a base of chicken broth flavored with ginger and garlic, the Japanese have a similar version using dashi which uses only konbu seaweed and dried bonito fish flakes as. Since it's approaching winter in Minnesota, I have been cooking lots of comfort food, like soup and stew to ward of the cold.
The chinese name is actually egg flower soup This egg drop soup has chinese mushrooms, soft tofu and bamboo shoots. These ingredients give the soup a robust flavour and crunch. Cucumber Egg Drop Soup recipe: This is a great way to dress up egg drop soup! You can cook Cucumber tofu eggdrop soup#Everday meal soup黄瓜豆腐羹 using 10 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cucumber tofu eggdrop soup#Everday meal soup黄瓜豆腐羹
- Prepare 2 of fresh pickle cucumbers.
- Prepare 4 of mushrooms.
- It’s 1 of egg.
- Prepare 4 oz of firm tofu.
- It’s 1 cup of shredded carrots.
- You need 2 Tsp of cooked beans.
- Prepare 2 Tsp of olive oil.
- It’s of Sesame oil to finish up.
- You need 16 oz of homemade stock or water.
- It’s 2 Tsp of starch plus 1/4 cup cold water.
I found the idea here, and combined it with my egg drop soup recipe in hopes the cucumber would help cool a fever from the flu. Egg drop soup makes me think of my grandmother every time I see it, and it's a soup I turn to when I need something light, comforting, and warm. You might recognize egg drop soup from the bowl you get with the lunch plates at Chinese-American restaurants, with swirling strands of eggs floating in a. Egg drop soup recipe 蛋花汤 is the easiest Chinese soup recipe to prepare.
Cucumber tofu eggdrop soup#Everday meal soup黄瓜豆腐羹 step by step
- Shredded carrots, slice mushroom, cut firm tofu into strips and set aside..
- Sauté carrots, mushroom and cucumber in olive oil until soft. Season with salt and pepper..
- Pour in homemade stock or water 16 oz plus 16 oz water. Add cooked beans and tofu..
- Bring the pot to a boil. In the meantime prepare a starch water. Beat an egg in a separate bowl..
- Season the soup with salt and fish sauce before slowly pouring in starch water. Turn down the heat while thicking the liquid to your desired consistence..
- Turn up the heat and slowly pouring in beaten egg until you empty the bowl. Once the egg solidified, turn off the heat. Adjustment seasoning if necessary. Drizzle sesame oil or chili oil. Enjoy it with brown rice or sourdough bread..
The home cook style Chinese egg drops soup is well-known wherever there is a large Chinese (Check our Miso soup with tofu here). Chinese hot and sour soup is one good example. Egg drop soup is very simple and easy to make, but if you don't know how, you can easily mess up. The key point of egg drop soup is silky egg texture. Egg drop soup is also very great to make for a person who is sick, because you don't even have to chew this.