Vegan chocolate chip & hazelnut cookies. Instead of vegan butter, this recipe is made with coconut oil. It gives the cookies a delightful taste and texture. Not a fan of coconut flavor?
I filled two baking sheets with this amount of batter. Shape the cookies – No chilling is required for this vegan pumpkin chocolate chip cookie recipe so you can bake them immediately. Being vegan means giving up a lot of your favorite foods. You can have Vegan chocolate chip & hazelnut cookies using 12 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vegan chocolate chip & hazelnut cookies
- It’s 120 g of Granulated sugar.
- It’s 75 g of Dark brown sugar.
- It’s 75 g of Light brown sugar.
- You need 250 g of Unsalted vegan butter (Room temperature).
- It’s 1 1/2 teaspoons of Vanilla extract.
- It’s 1/2 teaspoon of Bicarbonate of soda (baking soda).
- You need 1/2 teaspoon of Baking powder.
- You need 1 pinch of salt.
- It’s 300 g of Plain (All-purpose) flour.
- Prepare 150 g of Vegan dark chocolate chunks (or chips if you prefer)50.
- Prepare 50 g of Chopped hazelnuts.
- You need 1-2 tablespoons of Almond milk (or milk of your choice).
Luckily, chocolate chips aren't one of them. While many have dairy (particularly semi-sweet chocolate chips), there are many non-dairy, vegan chocolate chip brands for you to enjoy still. Most are fair trade, which makes them suitable for even the strictest vegans. Look no further for the best vegan chocolate chip cookies, ever.
Vegan chocolate chip & hazelnut cookies step by step
- Line a baking tray and set aside..
- In a bowl, briefly mix together the dry ingredients (flour, salt, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder). Set this aside..
- In a stand mixer or a large bowl add butter, sugars and vanilla and mix until fully combined..
- Slowly add your dry ingredients to the butter mixture (1/3 of the mix at a time) and mix until just incorporated. At this point your dough will be a little crumbly, do not worry, it will come together in the next step!.
- Add in milk 1/2 a tablespoon at a time (so it doesn't make the dough too runny) and mix until your dough is at cookie dough texture..
- Fold in chocolate chunks (or chips) and chopped hazelnuts until evenly dispersed in the mixture..
- Using a cookie scoop or a tablespoon, scoop your dough into balls and place on the baking tray. Don't worry about spreading them out, they aren't going in the oven yet..
- Place tray in the fridge for 30 minutes – 1 hour to allow the dough to hydrate..
- Before removing the dough from the fridge, preheat your oven to 180C/350F and line 2 more baking trays..
- When dough has chilled in the fridge, transfer dough balls to the trays and leave enough room in between each one to allow room for spreading..
- Bake for 8-11 minutes or until golden brown, when removed from the oven the cookies will be soft and look under-baked so do not remove tray or touch..
- Let cookies cool for 10-15 minutes on the baking tray and then transfer to a cooling rack to cool completely, if you wish..
Gooey and decadent, and full of chocolate, even your non-vegan friends won't be disappointed. Vegan baking isn't all that different from traditional baking. By swapping out just a few ingredients and making some minor adjustments, we've created vegan chocolate chip cookies that are sweet, chewy and satisfying. In fact, you may find that everyone in your family, not just the vegans, starts asking for these delicious treats. These are yummy, kid-friendly, vegan chocolate chip cookies!