Butternut Squash Soup. Reviews for: Photos of Butternut Squash Soup II. This Butternut Squash Soup Recipe is creamy and delicious, without being loaded up with heavy cream. It's easy to prepare, and the incredible flavor of the butternut squash really shines.
It adds just the right balance for the squash. Ready in an hour and freezes well. Watch how to make the best butternut squash soup in this short video! You can cook Butternut Squash Soup using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Butternut Squash Soup
- You need 1 of butternut squash.
- You need 1 Tbsp of butter.
- Prepare 1 of small onion chopped.
- Prepare 1/2 pkg of Philadelphia cream cheese.
- Prepare 6 cups of chicken broth.
- It’s 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It’s to taste of Salt and pepper.
The trick is to roast the butternut squash, which is easy to do and yields tons of extra flavor. Butternut squash soup is a classic fall and winter soup recipe. But today we're roasting the butternut squash, which gives so much more depth of flavor and. This Butternut Squash soup from Delish.com is an easy and comforting fall meal.
Butternut Squash Soup instructions
- Slice the squash in half lengthwise and remove seeds..
- Roast squash until tender (about 1 hour) at 350 degrees..
- Let the squash cool and peel..
- Saute onion in 1Tbsp butter..
- Add the squash, cream cheese, chicken broth and cayenne pepper..
- Puree mixture and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for about 30 minutes..
- Season with salt and pepper to taste..
Making soup from butternut squash is one of our go-to moves during the fall. This butternut squash soup recipe is the best! I've made a butternut squash soup before that was inspired by Tom Kha Gai. I've also made a Sweet Potato. Easy homemade butternut squash soup is naturally thick and creamy, perfect for the season when squash is available in abundance.