Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF. Great recipe for Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF. 'Lees' Chocolate Macaroons are one of our most popular Scottish confectionery aside from tablet. Here is how you cook it. Ingredients of Vickys Cinnamon Glazed Scones, GF DF EF SF NF.
You can buy Lees bars anywhere in Scotland but. You can use jam in the bases instead of crushed fruit but I find jam a bit too sweet for these combined with the iced tops. Vickys Scottish Deep-Fried Mars Bar, No, I'm Not Joking!!. You can have Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF using 4 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF
- You need 120 grams of cold mashed potatoes.
- You need 480 grams of icing / powdered sugar*.
- It’s 240 grams of plain chocolate, I use Plamil vegan brand.
- You need 120 grams of dessicated coconut or chopped mixed nuts.
Coat the unwrapped chocolate bars completely in batter, then carefully lower them into the hot oil and fry until golden brown. GF DF EF SF NF. by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook; Vickys Peach & Oat Breakfast Muffins, GF DF EF SF NF. Vickys Scottish Clootie Dumpling, GF DF EF SF NF Recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook. Clootie Dumpling, Burns Supper, Gluten Free Flour, Dairy Free, Dumpling Recipe, Seasonal Food, Vintage Recipes, Egg Free, Free Food.
Vickys Scottish Chocolate Macaroon Bars, GF DF EF SF NF instructions
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper.
- Mix the mashed potato and icing sugar together until very stiff.
- You may need more than I've stated. This particular time I needed almost 600g icing sugar, it depends which variety of potatoes you use. Starchy are best. The aim is for the mixture to be only slightly sticky to the touch.
- Dust your hands with icing sugar then take heaped tablespoons of the potato mixture and roll into balls between your hands. Set aside on the lined tray and flatten slightly. This can be a bit messy!.
- Freeze for 30 minutes.
- Melt the chocolate by blasting in 15 – 30 second increments in the microwave, melting over a bain marie or temper it as shown in my previously posted 'how to temper chocolate' recipe. Set aside to cool a bit.
- Put the coconut / chopped nuts in a bowl and set aside.
- Dip the chilled potato rounds in the melted chocolate, then coat in the coconut / nuts.
- Set on a wire rack over more parchment to catch any drips then place back on the lined tray and freeze for 15 minutes to set.
- Store in a lidded container in the fridge.
- They are very sweet so I use dark chocolate to balance them. You can make the rounds smaller if you like, more bitesize.
- Lees Scottish Macaroon Bars are a very popular confectionery bar in the UK. They come in a rectangular shaped bar.
Scottish coconut macaroon bars. #food #chocolate #bars. Vickys Scottish Clootie Dumpling, GF DF EF SF NF Recipe by Vicky@Jacks Free-From Cookbook Great recipe for Vickys Scottish Clootie Dumpling, GF DF EF SF NF. My grannie made Clootie Dumpling nearly every Saturday and we were always straight round there on Sunday morning! Pear Breakfast Granola Cookies; Peanut Butter Granola Cookies Recipe: Delicious Vickys Bloody Mary Halloween Soup, GF DF EF SF NF by faine How to Make Tasty Honey Garlic Chicken – Slow Cooker Vickys Butter Bean Stew with Chorizo and Paprika, GF DF EF SF NF instructions.