Creamy Pumpkin and Apple Pie. These sweet and soft Apple Bars with Pumpkin Pie Spice Icing are the perfect fall treat. If you go apple picking this would be a nice way to use up your apples. The apple bars are topped with a creamy pumpkin pie icing to top off the delicious bars. 不 Today's food find is Brach's Pie Favorites Candy Corn featuring the two most popular pie flavors of the Autumn months, Apple Pie 不 and Pumpkin Pie 不.
It ended up being a big hit, so I uploaded this recipe. The tip is to make the pumpkin filling creamy. Adjust the amount of milk and heavy cream as needed. You can have Creamy Pumpkin and Apple Pie using 10 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Creamy Pumpkin and Apple Pie
- Prepare 1 of Apple.
- Prepare 1/8 of Kabocha squash.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 1 of Honey.
- It’s 1 1/2 tsp of Skim milk (if you have).
- Prepare 1 tbsp of Warmed milk.
- Prepare 1 of Cinnamon.
- It’s 1 piece of Butter.
- You need 2 of sheets Puff pastry.
- It’s 1 of Egg yolk.
If using heavy cream, the texture becomes more rich. You can use sweet potato instead of pumpkin. Recipe by Ma-na Make a creamy smoothie with banana, almond milk, crushed ice, and a teaspoon of pumpkin pie or apple pie spice. Add to your oatmeal or Overnight Oats.
Creamy Pumpkin and Apple Pie step by step
- Cut the pumpkin into suitable sizes. Wrap them and microwave for 5-8 minutes. When they have softened, immediately take the skin off..
- If you prefer a more creamy texture, press the kabocha through a strainer..
- While the pumpkin is still warm, add the skimmed milk, milk, and butter and knead together..
- Simmer the apples..
- Mix the simmered apple and pumpkin filling together..
- For the pastry base, pierce with a fork, and cut any designs you like..
- Put plenty of filling on the base pastry, and cover with another pastry tightly. Brush a beaten egg yolk on the surface..
- Bake for 7 minutes at 210°C, then bake for 6-8 minutes at 190°C. It's done..
Use as a flavoring on roasted nuts, like these Paleo Candied Mixed Nuts A tasty, creamy pumpkin pie that's just perfect for the fall season. If desired, you can substitute the sugar in the pie with an alternative sweetener. (The creaminess comes from the cream cheese mixture but don't tell your guests; they'll never guess the secret ingredient!) This recipe is courtesy of The Old Farmer's Almanac Everyday Baking. The leaves are starting to change colors and Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back—so we know we're close to sweater weather. Target is so ready for the season already. Everyone's favorite retailer recently added two new pints to their Market Pantry ice cream line: Pumpkin Cheesecake and Apple Crisp.