Brad's collard greens. Download "Collard Greens" now on iTunes: http://smarturl.it/CollardGreens Get ScHoolboy Q's "Oxymoron": http://smarturl.it/OxymoronQ Music video by SchoolBoy Q performing Collard Greens. Cut and trim the collard greens, removing the tough stems. Roughly chop the trimmed greens into Once the greens are tender, return the bacon to the pan, add the lemon juice and season with salt.
A couple of years back, I loathed any green that wasn't remotely. See more ideas about Collard greens, Collards, Recipes. Weekday meals are a constant struggle- you want to make something that is relatively healthy but quick and easy. You can cook Brad's collard greens using 7 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Brad's collard greens
- Prepare 3 bunches of fresh collard greens.
- You need 1 of lg sweet onion, course chopped.
- You need 1 lb of bacon ends and pieces, chopped.
- Prepare 2-3 tbs of granulated chicken bouillon, to taste.
- It’s 1/3 cup of white vinegar.
- It’s 2 tbs of minced garlic.
- Prepare 2 tbs of crushed red pepper, optional.
Collard greens have a mild cabbage-y flavour. They are also called mustard greens and are a great hearty side dish. Collared Greens did the bow ties for our wedding! We also got matching ties for the dads, grandpa, and It was a perfect addition to a groomsman gift!
Brad's collard greens step by step
- Rinse greens well. Cut in 1 inch slices perpendicular to the stem. Chop about half of the stems as well..
- Place in a very large soup pot. Add water until 3/4 of the way covered..
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for over an hour. Until stems become tender..
- Add the rest of the ingredients. Simmer for another half hour..
- Serve with a slotted spoon to drain before plating. Serve with garlic toast, or cornbread..
We were very impressed with Collared Greens! Collard greens are a cruciferous vegetable that may have multiple health benefits. The nutrients and fiber in collard greens can aid digestion and muscle movement, improve the skin, enhance sleep. Collard greens develops large, dark green leaves with irregular lobes and long petioles. Leaves are arranged in the form of rosette around the main stem.